Region 10 (Alaska)
Region 10 contains only two national forests, the Chugach and the Tongass; however, they are the largest in the country.
- USDA Forest Service. Alaska Region. The Forests of Alaska, July 1, 1939. [PDF]
- USDA Forest Service. Tongass National Forest. Mendenhall Glacier, ca. 1962 [PDF]
- Hakala, D.R. Interpreting the Tongass National Forest via the Alaska Marine Highway System, ca. 1971 [PDF]
- Rakestraw, Lawrence. A History of the US Forest Service in Alaska. Anchorage: Alaska Historical Commission and U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, Alaska Region, 1981. [PDF]
- Hakala, Bob. Forest Naturalists on Land and Sea. Juneau: U.S. Forest Service, Alaska Region, 1995. [PDF]
- Aaron, Jayne and Steven Chris Baker. Historic Context and Evaluation of Ranger Boats in Alaska, Chugach and Tongass National Forests. Juneau: U.S. Forest Service, Alaska Region, 2011. [PDF]
- LaBau, Vernon J. A History of Forest Survey in Alaska: Part II of a History of Forest Research in Alaska. June 2013. [PDF]
|There are no products|
Have a question or need assistance? Please call us at 919-682-9319.