Worksheet 2: Essay Analysis
Read the essay to answer the questions below.
- How many centuries have people been managing the forest in the region now called Durham, North Carolina?
- What was the impact of the tobacco plant on this region?
- What was the legacy of Mr. Duke's tobacco fortune on the region?
- What was Mr. Duke's purpose for purchasing the land that was to become Duke Forest?
- What was Mr. Korstian's goal for Duke Forest?
- How does the Nicholas School of the Environment use Duke Forest today?
- Who else uses Duke Forest today and for what purpose?