Assessment 2: Test
- Describe some of the uses for wood before the American Industrial Revolution.
- Explain the relationship between crossties and concerns regarding forest depletion.
- What were some of the technological advances during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries that helped conserve trees? What factors sparked these innovations?
- Explain the impact railroads had on American forests during the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
- Explain the impact railroads had on American society during the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
- Provide two examples of materials extracted from trees in the production of common household items. Name two items in either your classroom or home that are derived from trees.
- How did steamboats utilize wood during the nineteenth century?
- Explain the significance of wood in the American Industrial Revolution.