ASSESSMENT 2: TEST
- List three differences between an average American home built in 1950 with one built in 2000.
- Compare and contrast how developing and developed countries impact the global forest.
- Describe how the United States has attempted to combat environmental problems like deforestation.
- From which country does the United States import the most wood? What three countries export the most wood to the United States?
- What are some of the potential benefits of sustainable management? What are some of the potential limitations of sustainable management?
- How can high levels of consumption (by both nations and individuals) contribute to the strain placed on the global forest?
- Describe how American wood consumption compares with the rest of the world.
- How can forestland set-asides help contribute to solving the problem of deforestation? How can forestland set-asides hinder efforts to fight deforestation?
- Explain the link between American culture and consumption.