Worksheet 2: Essay Analysis
Read the essays on “Arbor Day” and “Earth Day” and answer the following questions.
- What was the purpose of the first Arbor Day?
- What did Sterling Morton say was unique about the celebration of Arbor Day?
- How had the scale of the celebration of Arbor Day changed by 1908?
- What did President Roosevelt say to school children in 1908?
- What was the purpose of the first Earth Day?
- What did Gaylord Nelson say was the most important result of the celebration of Earth Day?
- How had the scale of Earth Day evolved by 1990?
- What do the numbers and variety of Earth Day websites say about the current celebration of Earth Day?