Region 9 (Eastern)
Region 9 encompasses national forests and grasslands in Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin
- USDA Forest Service. Vacation on the White Mountain National Forest, 1920, 23 pp. [PDF]
- USDA Forest Service. National Forests in Michigan, 1941. [PDF]
- USDA Forest Service. Chippewa National Forest (Minnesota), 1942. [PDF]
- Elliott, Kennell M. History of Nicolet National Forest, 1928-1976, 1977, 71 pp. (with permission of the Forest History Association of Wisconsin). [PDF]
- Sieber, Ellen and Cheryl Ann Munson. Looking At History: Indiana's Hoosier National Forest Region, 1600 to 1950, 1992, 131 pp. [PDF]
- Ross, Philip W. Allegheny Oil: The Historic Petroleum Industry on the Allegheny National Forest, 1996, 96 pp. [PDF]
- Conrad, David E. The Land We Cared For: A History of the Forest Service Eastern Region, 1997, 316 pp. [PDF]
- Justice, Noel D. Looking At Prehistory: Indiana's Hoosier National Forest Region, 12,000 B.C. to 1650, 2006. [PDF]
- Crosby, John S. Oral History Interview with John S. Crosby, 2009. [PDF]
John S. Crosby obtained a forestry degree from the University of Michigan in 1934. After joining the U.S. Forest Service he was the assistant nurseryman at Chittenden Nursery in Wellston, Michigan from 1935-1942 where he directed Civilian Conservation Corps labor. He later transferred to the Lake States Forest Experiment Station and worked on fire research in Minnesota, Michigan, and Missouri. He retired in 1972.
|There are no products|
Have a question or need assistance? Please call us at 919-682-9319.